Ok, guys, I’m not saying that people can be psychic, but I do have a weird ability. I have been predicting trends forever! Last summer, I bought a bucket bag because I just thought it was cute; they are everywhere now! Just last month, I talked about boho-hippie styles; now for fall everything looks like it’s off the set of That 70s Show. What can I say, the fashion world should hire me as some kind of oracle….
Anyway, it is at that point in the summer where I start getting excited for fall, even though I really really do not want summer to end. Maybe I just really want to go shopping. That’s probably it. Here are some of the funky (?) styles I will be rocking this fall:
- Frilling Off-Shoulder Denim Dress – Off-the-shoulder is such a flattering look for everyone. I saw this dress on blogger Dash of Darling and fell in love. Lucky for me, it was still in stock on ChicWish, and on sale!
- Forever21 Bell Sleeve Dress – I just bought this today, even though it probably won’t be cool enough to wear it for over a month. It is the perfect staple and I’m already thinking of a thousand ways to style it.
- Warehouse Suede A-Line Skirt – Miniskirts are back in a big way, and as a fan of the movie Clueless, and generally any outfit that shows off my long legs, I am thrilled by this news.
- Madewell Flea Market Flares – Don’t get me wrong, I will wear my skinny jeans until the day my pizza addiction forces me into a permanent sweatpants rotation. But flares are back, and I can’t wait to get some new ones. I don’t think the ones from 5th grade still fit…
- Bishop + Young Hannah Jumpsuit – I have become obsessed with jumpsuits and rompers. They are lazy yet pulled together: the ultimate goal for someone like me who loves to be comfy enough to take a nap but hates to look like a slob. This one with the wide legs and cute print is a great transitional piece for the last month of summer (sob) into the fall.
- Steve Madden ‘Livvie’ Platform Sandal – Looks like something Jackie Burkhart would wear on the actual 70s Show so obviously I’m on board.
- Jeffrey Campbell ‘Snick’ Platform Sandal – I love the unique color of these and the vintage-looking studs are much more understated than the typical flashy hardware
- Ash Sandals – Sold out already but they were too cute to exclude!
- ASOS Evil Eye Leather Mix Chelsea Ankle Boot – I love a thick-heeled boot for height AND stability, and this deep red leather is the Pantone color of the year, Marsala
- Steve Madden ‘Meela’ Loafer – I was never super into the whole menswear-for-womenswear thing, but I love a good pair of flats, and these are super chic
- Topshop ‘Sagittarius’ Leather Ankle Strap Open Toe Platform Sandal – These heels are so unique. Some might say they have a lot going on, between the peep-toe and the ankle strap, but I think they are a great statement shoe to spice up an LBD.
- Jimmy Choo ‘Notion’ Slingback Wedge Sandal – WAY out of my price range, but these are so gorgeous with the multi-colored woods and leathers. It is a neutral party that could work with almost any outfit.
Peace Out! XX, Gabrielle
2 thoughts on “Groovy, Baby”