I love to travel, and I even really enjoy a nice plane ride. What I don’t like? The germy, dry air destroying the skin I’ve worked so hard to perfect. I’m moving to Los Angeles today (!!!), which means I’m adding the stress of a five and a half hour flight to the mountain of things on my plate. I might not be sleeping well or making time to work out, but I will not let my skin suffer.
Here’s how I’ll be taking care of my skin on the plane tonight…
1. Cleanse with a makeup remover wipe. My go-to’s are the Garnier charcoal and micellar water wipes.
2. I like to wash my face in the bathroom, even though it’s difficult to do. Makeup wipes don’t get everything off, you know… Check out the rundown on my favorite cleansers!
3. Liberal amounts of face mist. My go-to is Cactus Flower & Tibetan Ginseng Hydrating Mist, because cactus is so good at retaining water, and your skin needs extra hydration when you fly. Read up on my other favorite face mists here.
4. Sheet mask if you dare. Last time I flew home from LA, I not only used a hydrating sheet mask, I also ended up talking Korean Skincare with my seatmate for half an hour! My skin was so much better off for using it, and if you don’t care about people staring – which you shouldn’t – it’s totally worth it.
6. I finish my routine with eye cream and lip balm. Kiehl’s Avocado Eye Treatment and Imagine Skincare Oromedics Balancing Lip Enhancement Complex are my dream team.