My skin used to be my Mount Everest: it was awful, and my misguided response was to straight-up murder my skin with mud masks, acne washes, and basically anything that would strip my skin. Needless to say, it did not work, and definitely made it worse and slowed the healing process. Now I know my skin, and I know how to take care of it. I have two life-changing (no exaggeration) prescriptions, a pill and a topical gel, and I have my eternal love of sheet masks. But every once in a while, I risk my newly-perfect skin to try out a new product, and thankfully, this time, it paid off!
Kiehl’s has been around forever, and it is easy to see why: they have amazing, simple-yet-effective products. My mom and I love Creme de Corps, their cult classic, seriously rich moisturizer. But lately, I’ve been reading a lot about natural beauty remedies, so when I heard about the Turmeric & Cranberry Seed Energizing Radiance Masque, I knew I had to try it. Turmeric is known for its almost-supernatural internal and external healing properties, and cranberries are rich in antioxidants. Before I dropped $32, though, Kiehl’s was generous enough to let me take home a trial size! Here are my unsponsored, unbiased opinions…
– This mask dries very quickly; directions state to leave it on for 5-10 minutes, but it dries pretty quickly.
– Instant results! You will glow after washing it off.
– A little goes a long way, so one jar will probably last for months.
– Turmeric helps fade acne scars and dark spots AND fight breakouts.
– Turmeric is good for soothing your skin, so it will work for even the most sensitive faces, like mine has been lately.
– My skin has looked so good after using this that I’ve been wearing almost no face makeup, which means that I am spending less on makeup and getting more time to sleep in the mornings!
– If you leave it on for the maximum 10 minutes, it is a bit hard to wash off
– My skin felt a teeny bit tight after removing the mask, but this is easily remedied by moisturizing immediately
– The mask is bright yellow, which I love, but my boyfriend was a little freaked out. Actually, that might be a pro…
In summation, this mask is awesome, and I am now prepared to pay for it! I think it will work for almost any skin type, and the natural elements are a great alternative to harsh chemicals.
Read more about the beauty benefits of turmeric here!