So far, my 2016 is kind of great. *Knock on wood!* I have a new job, a new relationship, and I’ve both been shopping and saving money, if it is possible for those two things to go together! Between the great winter sales and having a set beauty routine, my bank account isn’t causing me as much anxiety as usual. Check out my first purchases of 2016…
- Mom jeans: I’ve been really wanting to try this style out, so when I saw that Levi’s had them 60% off, I jumped at the chance. And with Levi’s you know you’re getting the same classic styles that have been around forever, not some knockoff, so its worth the $$. Let me tell you, these are the most comfortable, amazing jeans, and I can’t stop wearing them!
- My perfect face product (FINALLY): I’ve never been too happy with any BB or CC creams, and the only product I ever really liked got discontinued. But I kept hearing about this bareMinerals product that won Allure’s Best of Beauty, and I decided to give it a shot. A gel-cream that gives your skin gorgeous color while also improving your complexion over time? Sounds too good to be true, but I promise you, this is a miracle product if there ever was one.
- The sexy/comfy bralette: My chest is on the smaller size, so I avoid wearing underwire bras when I can. My bralette collection is out of control, but when I saw Aerie was having a sale, I couldn’t resist! I got this bralette in Ballet Pink, and it is so feminine, romantic and sexy; I can’t wait to buy more colors!
- My new nude nails: I am a big fan of Aimee Song, so I had to pick up her collaboration with Formula X. I bought Nude For You and A Girl’s Best Friend, and I’m so impressed with how perfect these shades are!
- Another mask obsession: Kale is probably my favorite vegetable, and it is so healthy that I figured I might as well try it in topical form too! Farmacy has been getting a lot of buzz for their natural beauty products, and so far, I think its worth it.
- The most impressive mascara: I have a few mascaras in my rotation, but this is quickly becoming my favorite. It is so curling that I don’t use my eyelash curler, and it adds length and volume. I also can use it as a priming mascara of sorts and then put a more volumizing mascara over it for the most intense, doll-like lashes.
- The best skin boost: Luminizers tend to break me out, but this gentle and gorgeous one from BECCA is a great addition to my routine. I mix a bit of this with my new bareMinerals gel cream and my beloved belief Aqua Bomb, and my face literally glows. The best part? A little goes a long way, so buy the travel size first. You only need a drop to make your face perfection.
- My new workout motivation: I finally upgraded my sneakers this week, and Lord, it was so worth it. These Nike’s are like walking on a cloud, and my workouts are both easier and more stylish.
I hope everyone is making the most of another year on this planet!