I am so excited for this weekend, because my super-cool cousin Jack Antonoff started his own music festival, and I am going! Shadow of the City is happening this weekend in New Jersey, and is going to feature tons of great artists, as well as carnival games, an arcade, and food trucks. Jack is such an amazing performer, and his love for music and his fans guarantees this will be an incredible day. I am also excited because I’ve always wanted to go to Coachella and Bonnaroo, but they are so far away and expensive that it really isn’t practical for me! (Tickets are still available, by the way) I can’t wait to dress “festival-chic” and dance the day away in Asbury Park. Here’s some outfit inspo for you as well as some of the essentials I’m going to bring with me…
- I prefer flowy, bohemian dresses for when I’m going to be walking around, dancing and festival-ing. I bought this Kimchi Blue Florence Dress today for SotC and I also love this Reclaimed Vintage Off-Shoulder Dress. The floral pattern is so lovely! Maxi dresses are also a great and very comfy way to look put-together without trying.
- Lily and Rose SAHARA ONE-PIECE – The cutest one-piece I’ve ever seen. Perfect for a hot day when everyone is sweaty from dancing but there’s nowhere to shower. I’d wear this to Coachella or ‘Roo so that I could just pour a bottle of water over my head whenever I want. The design is so unique, and no one can tell the difference between a swimsuit and bodysuit anyway!
- I love a bucket bag. They are fun, stylish, and can hold a lot while still looking sleek. I always try to buy a fun accent purse because it spices up any outfit and you won’t confuse it with anyone else’s in a place full of people.
- I also love a suede saddlebag: they are very 70’s, comfy, and with the front flap, your possessions are safer. I can’t wait to get this one from Michael Kors; we sell the best bags!
- Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 Instant Camera in Sky – I just bought this lil guy today and I love it!!! I always wanted an instant camera as a kid, and I love watching the photos spit out and develop in front of your eyes. As much as I love my iPhone, real cameras are the way to go for true photography. (Film not included but its discounted right now!)
- Mophie iPhone 6 Juice Pack – Worrying about your phone dying is the worst. Especially when you’re in a busy place and have to stay connected with your friends. I carry this in my purse every day for when my phone needs a quick boost.
*All photos are either from online retailers or from my Pinterest boards. Sorry I can’t credit all the original posters!