The month is only half over, and I already have some amazing new products in my beauty routine. My skin is finally starting to really clear up thanks to a miracle prescription from my dermatologist. I’ve become very fastidious about my skincare regimen in the past few years, but this new pill is definitely what made the real difference. I’m so grateful!
Now that my skin is so much better, I am really able to see how great some of my products work without just focusing on the blemishes. I’ve written before about how wrapped up I get in my skin problems, but lately I’ve been feeling so great about how much improvement I’m seeing that I’ve been wearing way less heavy makeup! I always favor a natural, glowy look (with the occasional bright lip,) but I hate when my makeup looks cakey and thick. That being said, here are my new favorite things for my face…
- Dr. Hauschka Rose Day Cream – I have heard raves about Dr. Hauschka’s gentle, natural skincare forever, and I finally decided to go for it. Well, this is my new go-to moisturizer. It is thick but somehow not heavy, gentle, and smells lovely. My skin feels good throughout the day, and I haven’t been as oily.
- Dr. Hauschka Clarifying Toner – I feel like a lot of people don’t use or even understand the purpose of toner. They can be used to hydrate, refresh, prep, and well, tone your skin before makeup or even for an #iwokeuplikethis kind of day where you go bare-faced. This toner promises to clean your skin, tighten pores, and keep your oil levels in control. So far, it lives up to the hype.
- COMMODITY ‘Moss’ Perfume – I received a sample of this in my latest Sephora delivery, and wow. Such a unique and fresh scent, and I get so many compliments when I wear it.
- BECCA Becca x Jaclyn Hill Shimmering Skin Perfector in Champagne Pop – Strobing is the new contouring, so I needed to up my highlighter/illuminator game. I’ve heard that BECCA makes the best products for a gorgeous glow, so I splurged on this. So. Worth. It.
- Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara – So many beauty bloggers raved about this mascara that I began to think it was some kind of conspiracy. But it’s definitely a keeper. With one swipe, my lashes are thicker and longer, and with a few swipes, I have the thick lashes and doe eyes of a Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany’s. Goals: reached.