One of my favorite things to do in New York is to treat myself to a facial at Heyday on Reade St. I always leave feeling relaxed, pampered, and glowing. The first time, I was so nervous that something would go wrong, that my acne would come back, but instead, I was able to go makeup-free for days and received so many compliments on my skin.
Even though I am overladen with products, I always like to get recommendations from Cheryl, my facialist. She’s a licensed aesthetician and she makes my skin look so darn good that I’m inclined to listen to her! At my most recent visit, I picked up a product that she uses on me every time, Alchimie Forever’s Kantic Brightening Moisture Mask, a product from Switzerland. After a facial with microdermabrasion, she instructed me to drink a lot of water and use this mask every night this week in order to maximize the effects of the facial, so I thought I’d share my thoughts on the product with you!
– It brightens while hydrating. One of my biggest complaints about most brightening masks is that they use ingredients like lemon, which are very drying to the skin. As such, I rarely choose brightening masks in the winter, but this mask solves that problem!
– It’s hydrating and very gentle on my windburnt, dry skin. You can even leave it on overnight as a sleeping mask.
– It’s not gooey or sticky. It has a smooth consistency, it’s pleasant to apply, and it won’t drip anywhere or make a mess.
– It’s made from natural ingredients like Vitamin E, oats, grape extract, and blueberries.
– Somehow it is formulated without parabens, animal byproducts, dyes, phthalates, sulfates, gluten, nuts, soy, mineral oil, propylene glycol, formaldehyde and formaldehyde releasers. It’s also not tested on animals!
– It smells great and has a pretty, bronze shimmer.
– Easy to wash off! I hate having to scrub my face to remove a mask. It’s why I usually go for sheet masks. This mask is creamy and doesn’t harden, so it’s easy to wipe off. I usually take it off with a muslin cloth.
– I hate washing off masks. This isn’t really a con about this particular mask, just in general, I’d prefer not to have to get up and remove the mask. Sheet masks are easier!
– The color will stain if you get it on your clothes or sheets, so don’t wipe your face on anything before making sure you’ve really removed all of the mask!
– At $60, it’s a bit pricey, but you only need a little to cover your entire face, so I’m predicting that it will last me months, even a year!
Verdict: I highly recommend this mask! It’s long-lasting, effective, multitasking, and a lovely at-home spa experience.
Have you tried any Alchimie Forever products? If you’re in the New York area, I’d recommend booking a facial at Heyday. They can give you a great introduction to the line!