Thank you to Lauren of Living With Lauren for nominating me for the Liebster Award! It is so inspiring to me how supportive the blogging community can be!
10 Questions For Me
5 WRITING/BLOG RELATED QUESTIONS
1. WHAT DID YOU WRITE BEFORE YOU STARTED BLOGGING? (JOURNAL, SHORT STORIES, NOTHING…)
I write for pleasure in my spare time, but hope to one day make a career of this blog and writing.
2. Who did you first share your blog with?
Originally, I started this blog before a semester abroad in Israel, but I also knew that I know a lot about fashion, beauty, and food, and that I should share my knowledge with others!
3. Who do you hope reads your blog most or who do you hope doesn’t?
I hope that any young woman who is just trying to figure herself out reads my blog and both feels helped and also knows that they are not alone! Growing up is hard.
4. How long do you typically spend creating a post from start to publish?
I usually write a blog post at night after work, as a way to wind down from the day and get my creative juices flowing. I like to schedule posts for the week, but also jot down notes on my phone for future posts whenever inspiration strikes!
5. Do you secretly hope for a post to go viral? Why or why not?
The most important thing to me is that I reach people, be it to help them find a great face mask, or to show them beautiful photos. Obviously, I would love to go viral, I think most of us would! Everyone wants to feel like they’re reaching people and making a difference.
5 RANDOM QUESTIONS
1. What piece of advice would you give your younger self?
It gets harder, and it also gets easier. Life is a rollercoaster of rainbows and land mines, and you never know whats coming at you. The only thing you can do is be the best person you can be!
2. What smell takes you straight back to your childhood?
I wrote recently about this perfume that my mom wears, called 4711, and it always reminds me of being a little girl, watching her get ready for work in the morning.
3. If you had to move today, no questions asked to another country, which would it be and why?
I would move back to Israel. It is a gorgeous, incredible country, and I miss it every day.
4. If you could live in any time period (other than the present) what would it be and why?
Either the Roaring 20s, because I love red lipstick, Gatsby, and jazz, or the 60s, because I have a total hippie side, and can rock bell bottoms and the gorgeous, glowy makeup.
5. Which 3 famous people would you want around your dinner table and why? (they can be dead or alive)
Marilyn Monroe: My idol, and a gorgeous being.
Franklin Delano Roosevelt: A great man who saved America and made us into a superpower.
King David: I’d tell him that I call my dad ‘King David,’ and see how he reacted!
Here are my nominees. I understand not everyone is into the awards, no pressure. If you are so inclined, please see the rules of engagement below the nominee section. Drum roll please… Listed in no particular order as they are all great in their own way, I invite you to check out the following blogs-
3. Beauty By Lo
Rules of Engagement should my nominees choose to participate-
(PLEASE LINK BACK OR LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS IF YOU PARTICIPATE SO I CAN CHECK OUT YOUR POST!)
Liebster Award Rules:
- Thank your nominator- in this case, Gabrielle at Love & Water
- Share the award on your blog (save my image, or find one online, there are plenty!)
- Answer the 10 questions I asked you
- Ask 10 questions to new nominees who have less than 300 followers (if I nominated you and you have more, please don’t be offended, not all follower counters are easy to find. Or your blog was so amazing that I had to share it!)
- Notify your nominees
10 Questions for you to answer:
The practical stuff:
Why did you start blogging?
What is your favorite word?
What your favorite place in the whole word?
Which do you prefer, a book, song or movie?
Now lets get creative..
Which 3 famous people would you want around your dinner table and why? (they can be dead or alive)
Do you believe in mermaids?
If you could go anywhere in the world with one person, where and with whom?
What is your favorite way to spend a day?
How do you relax?