One of my favorite trends for the colder seasons is plaid. But I’m not really sure if it can be considered a trend, since it is one of the most classic styles. Either way, there are lots of great plaid pieces to update your home, closet, and even makeup collection!
Outerwear: To me, nothing feels more timeless for holiday style than a plaid coat. It evokes a time when women wore beautiful coats, with matching accessories. No puffy snow jackets!
- Only Checked Wool Coat – I love the unique shape of this coat.
- Esprit Long Check Hooded Cape – So comfy and flowy. I could eat an entire pizza and cover the food baby with this coat!
Clothes: Have a million Christmas parties and nothing to wear? Plaid dress. Holiday dinner? Plaid dress. Sick of wearing the same LBD every weekend? Plaid dress! Have I made myself clear?
- Motel Alberta Jaquard Dress in Gingham Plaid – Throw an LBC (little black cardigan) over this, and you are ready to sip eggnog with the best of them! (and its on sale!)
- Rails Hunter Button Down – I love these flannels. They are incredibly soft and come in about a million different colors.
- Jovonna Klein Skirt In Check – On sale. GO GO GO!
Home: Plaid details in your home give it such a warm, festive feel, especially during the season of holiday entertaining. Use warm reds to combat the cold blues!
- Sunbeam Electric Throw – This blanket is plaid on one side and fluffy on the other and it is HEATED. Basically this is the ultimate hibernation treat, so I’m going to order one and you’ll see me emerge from my blanket fort in April.
- UGG Scuff Woolrich Plaid Slippers – Nothing like coming home and switching from my Ugg snow boots to Ugg slippers.
- Williams Sonoma Red Tartan Tall Mugs – I’ve sworn off coffee, but I love tea and love adding to my mug collection. These tall ones are great for cold winter nights when you want to supersize the warmth!
Accessories: I love wearing all black, but I can’t be a Morticia Adams-wannabe every day, or so says my grandma. So I add a scarf or phone case and voila!
- ASOS Oversized Grid Check Square Scarf – Scarves: the easiest way to add plaid to your outfit, I love a big blanket scarf that will keep me really warm and double as a shawl. I’ve got about five big plaid scarves and I always bring one on an airplane as a blanket!
- Halogen Plaid Tech Gloves – In this age of touch screens, you need gloves that won’t slow you down. I love these leather/plaid ones.
- GX by Gwen Stefani Trio Red Plaid Pointed Pumps – If you aren’t ready for an all-plaid look, try just adding a plaid accessory!