Every woman has that one empowering, kickass move in their beauty arsenal that spurs them forward on the rough days. False eyelashes, extra highlight/contour, green eyeshadow, etc. For me, it is red lipstick. With one swipe, my entire look is transformed, along with my mojo.
Now, I’m not saying that women need makeup to feel strong, but for me, how I feel about myself on the outside does affect how I feel on the inside, and vice versa. On Saturday night I was so tired and all I wanted to do was eat an entire pizza and go to bed. But one of my best friends just moved back to Boston, and I knew I had to go to his housewarming party. Sometimes you have to just grit your teeth and show up in life, you know? So my introvert self got up, put on some makeup, and went to the party. And it was a great night.
- Highlighted/Contoured glowing skin
- Thick lashes
- No eyeliner, just shimmery eyeshadow
- Red red red lipstick
What I Used:
- belif True Cream Aqua Bomb
- Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick in ‘Warm Beige’ and ‘Cool Beige’
- Neutrogena Healthy Skin Blends in ‘Sunkissed’ and ‘Clean’
- Becca x Jaclyn Hill Shimmering Skin Perfector in ‘Champagne Pop’
- Milani Baked Powder Blush in ‘Berry Amore’
- Dior Brow Styler Brow Pencil in ‘Universal Shade’
- Urban Decay Naked Palette in ‘Sin’ and ‘Toasted’
- L’Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara in ‘Black’
- NARS Audacious Lipstick in ‘Rita’
To quote Gwyneth Paltrow, “Beauty, to me, is about being comfortable in your own skin. That, or a kick-ass red lipstick.” Shut. It. Down. You hear that, ladies? Wear whatever makeup you want. Wear no makeup. Wear clown makeup. Do your thing, and be proud of who you are!