Happy HalloWeekend!!! I am so excited to spend a few days with my best friend, who is driving up from New York. We always celebrate Halloween together! We have a lot of fun costumes and activities planned for this weekend, so I’m sure I’ll be sharing a lot of pictures on my social media as well as doing a post or two on here next week.
In the meantime, I wanted to show you guys another makeup look. It’s the key to looking haunted for the holiday with almost no effort: dark, dark lipstick! I found the perfect almost-black lipstick at Sephora this week, and ran home to try out a new look before work!
- Clean, glowing skin
- Thick lashes but no eyeliner or eyeshadow
- Lightly filled-in brows. Still hard to see them with the camera flash, though!
What I Used:
- belif True Cream Aqua Bomb – This Korean favorite is finally being sold in the US at Sephora, and it has been a total life-saver. It gives my parched skin so much moisture without clogging my pores or breaking me out, which is basically a miracle! They’re offering a travel size as one of their 100-point rewards right now, and I definitely recommend it to any girl with dry, sensitive skin. The sample size will last you a while, but I’ve already purchased a big one too!
- Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick in ‘Warm Beige’ – My go-to foundation.
- Neutrogena Healthy Skin Blends in ‘Sunkissed’ – I only used a little bit of this bronzer to accent my cheekbones and lightly contour my nose, but kept the rest of my face a bit paler than usual to contrast with the dark lip.
- Becca x Jaclyn Hill Shimmering Skin Perfector in ‘Champagne Pop’ – My favorite highlighter compact! The most gorgeous shade of shimmer, and the only accent I need
- Dior Brow Styler Brow Pencil in ‘Universal Shade’ – I have very pale eyebrows, so I have to shade them in. Between my blonde brows and blonde eyelashes, I look rather hairless without makeup on, haha!
- NARS Audacious Lipstick in ‘Liv’ – I’ve lost count of how many of these lipsticks I have now. My newest shade is Liv, an aubergine that is borderline black.
I felt so gothic-chic all night at work! These pictures are actually from when I got home after a six-hour shift, so you can see that my makeup really stayed put, even while I was running around. (Sorry that I don’t have any non-selfie shots for you, but it was so late at night and I forgot to have my friend take pictures of me at work.)
I can’t wait to show you guys what I’m going to be doing all weekend! Follow me on Instagram @starrynight64 for more pics! Stay spooky…