When it comes to bedtime routine, my motto is, “be high-maintenance at night so you can be low-maintenance in the morning.” Even though there are definitely nights where I just use a wipe to take off my makeup, I feel so much better going to bed fresh and clean from my full routine. Check it out!
- I always try to get as much makeup off with a wipe. My favorites are the Aveeno Ultra Calming Makeup Removing Wipes because they are a wetter wipe than most, which helps get more makeup off without me having to scrub at my face. They’re also very gentle, so they won’t irritate sensitive skin.
- I’ve raved about my Eve Lom Cleanser before, and I try to use it every night. Massaging it into your skin is like giving yourself a spa treatment, and the essential oils clean your face without stripping it of moisture. Seeing what ends up on the muslin cloth really proves that a wipe cannot get it all! (Previous post here)
- I really like spritzing this Dr. Hauschka Facial Toner on after patting my face dry. It tones your skin, tightens pores, and helps balance your natural oil production.
- My dermatologist gave me a prescription of Epiduo Forte a few months ago, and it has really changed my skin. I’ve tried every topical and oral acne medication, including Accutane, and hadn’t gotten any lasting results until now. I dab this on most of my face morning and night, and it kicks total acne ass! Between EF and my current oral medication, my skin is finally clearing up.
- To pamper and nourish my eyelashes, I dab a little RapidLash on the roots. My lashes are brown at the root and blonde at the tip, so if I don’t wear mascara, I look like I have no lashes. RapidLash has made my lashes longer and thicker, and I save so much money compared to my friends who get lash extensions!
- Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! This is the final and most important step before bedtime. I moisturize my entire body with Johnson’s Baby Lotion or coconut oil while I let my face absorb the Epiduo Forte. On my face I use Garnier® Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream For Normal to Combination Skin or Neutrogena® Hydro Boost Gel-Cream for Extra-Dry Skin during the colder months.
Andddd that is bedtime. Nothing more refreshing and calming than a clean face on a cool pillow. What products do you use at bedtime? Sweet dreams!