I love a good roadtrip! Some of my favorite memories as a kid are long drives with my parents and sister, listening to old music and just watching the world go by. I always felt so safe with my dad driving us on a new adventure; I knew no matter where we were going, we were all together. So cheesy, but its just the best.
I’m going on a little trip to Montreal for my friend’s birthday, and I am very excited! I love to travel, but America is huge, so going to new places can get very expensive. My British cousins are so lucky; they travel all over Europe all the time. One of them likes to “pop over” to Madrid on weekends. Casual. Montreal is one of very few drivable destinations that is out of the country, so it really is a getaway but the drive is only about five hours, and very scenic. I have very fond memories of a trip to Montreal with my family, even learning how to drive in the mountains of Vermont!
When traveling, you want to be prepared, but also not overburdened by your belongings. I’ve written before about the makeup essentials that I brought for my weekend at the music festival, so now I thought I’d share what I’ll be carrying around in my purse while walking the streets of the city of Mount Royal…
- Topshop Tassel Saddle Bag – For all you ladies out there coveting those adorable Chloe crossbody bags, I’ve found a gorgeous and wallet-friendly alternative. This bag comes in luggage brown and a two-tone as well, and any one of them is the perfect lightweight purse for walking around all day.
- Mophie Juice Pack – It is so important to have your phone on you when traveling! Mophie gives me the piece of mind of knowing that I will have a charged phone for the entire day, and with no long cords or desperate searching for outlets to plug into.
- FujiFilm Instax Mini 8 – This little guy takes adorable, vintage-looking photos that print out instantly. Not the most practical camera, but so fun.
- Leatherology Passport Cover – I got this beautiful leather cover (with monogram) for my passport when I went to Israel for my semester abroad. It protects my passport and is a beautiful color. I have fond memories of travels past every time I look at it.
- A big ass scarf – I bought this scarf from Lulu’s last year, and it is the warmest, fluffiest one I own. One side is plaid, and the other side is herringbone, which makes it both warm and versatile. Big scarves can double as wraps or blankets, and are one of my musts for cold climates and flying (I’m always cold on planes). This one sold out almost immediately, but there are similar options here and here.
- Nikon D3200 – My real camera, a 21st birthday present from my parents. If you follow me on instagram or just read this blog, you know how much I love to take photos. This guy is my go-to for beautiful shots.
So there you have it. In addition to my wallet, phone, and keys, this is what I carry when touristing around. I am very excited to do a lot of exploring. Let your wanderlust take over sometimes and live.