I love a bright lip. As I’m writing this, I’m wearing Yves Saint Laurent ROUGE PUR COUTURE Lipstick 7 Le Fuschia. Though I typically stick with nude or peach, I like to wear colorful lipsticks on days that need a little brightening up. Today, it’s cold and gray, feels more like February than April, and I just want to be in bed. So I slapped on a bright, Elle Woods-esque pink!
Every woman needs a shade (or ten) that make her feel ready to take on the world. Lipstick can boost your confidence, elevate your outfit, and make you feel damn good. And if you want to wear it, you should! So here, in no particular order, are my favorite bright lipsticks:
1. Yves Saint Laurent ROUGE PUR COUTURE Lipstick in ‘13 Le Orange‘ is definitely my power shade. It goes on smoothly and lasts for hours, and the colors are incredibly pigmented. I love pairing this one with turquoise earrings and clean, glowing skin.
2. NARS Lipstick‘s ‘Schiap’ is named after famed designer (and Coco Chanel rival) Elsa Schiaparelli. It is the hot pink.
3. Glossier Generation G Lipstick in ‘Jam‘ is a vibrant berry shade. I love how the purple tones in this make my eyes look extra green.
4. I carry Lipstick Queen Mornin’ Sunshine Lipstick with me every day. It is a color-changing lipstick that gives you your perfect coral pout based on your body’s pH levels.
5. Speaking of color-changers, when I want pink instead of coral, I reach for my Dior Dior Addict Lip Glow Color Reviver Balm.
Comment below and tell me your favorite brands and shades! Love, Me
*I’ve purposefully excluded red lipsticks from this list to give them their own ‘Five Favorites’ in the future!