It was so cold in London last week; on Saturday morning, I woke up to snow! I have to admit, the temperatures had me feeling unprepared for another Boston winter. I mean, let’s be honest: after New Year’s, winter is just dark, bleak and awful.
In order to keep my skin relaxed during the rapid climate changes, I went very light on my makeup and heavy on the warm clothes. Check out my favorite look…
How Does She Do It?
- For deeply hydrated skin, I mixed a bit of rosehips oil in with my Dr. Hauschka Rose Day Cream.
- I used a little bit of Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick only on areas that needed a bit of coverage.
- I don’t really like the heavily filled-in brows look on me, so I always leave them pretty light with just a little Dior pencil and Anastasia gel.
- Since I only wanted flushed cheeks and a wintery glow, I used a small amount of bareMinerals veil powder and Milani Baked Blush.
- Heavy on the L’Oreal mascara but no eye shadow or eyeliner.
- Tinted Kevin Aucoin lip balm to keep my lips moisturized and pink.
So there you have it! It is actually so funny, but I really feel like I get more male attention on days when I wear less makeup. Even though I’m pretty happy with how I look in general, it is nice to know that other people like it too!