Are you guys ready for another travel post? If you’re new to the party, here’s a quick recap: I am on vacation with my family, so I’m doing a few posts about travel. I’ve been traveling all over the country and the world since I was only a few months old, and I’ve learned a lot along the way. This post combines two things I know a lot about: travel and beauty.
Unlike with clothing, when it comes to beauty products, I am not good at packing light. Or at least, I didn’t used to be. This will be my first trip basically since puberty that I have my haircare and skincare regimens down to a science, so I’ll be packing significantly lighter on those fronts. But I love my makeup, I love products, and I love trying out new looks, so it is a lot harder for me to pack light. My rule for beauty products is as follows: pack the essentials, and then pack a few treats. So here goes:
- Living Proof Satin Hair Serum – My mom and I are both addicted to this stuff. It calms frizz, makes blowdrying a million times easier, and basically makes your hair the best version of itself with minimal effort.
- Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Dry Shampoo – This shampoo is unlike any other dry shampoo, because instead of soaking up grease, it actually cleans your hair. The result? Me not washing my hair for four days, without the dreaded powdery buildup on my scalp.
- Sephora Collection Ginseng Mask – So technically, I don’t need these, but they make a big difference. I’m only going to bring one or two, but I’ll use them to prep before a full face of makeup for a big night out. Plus they weigh nothing and take up absolutely no space in my suitcase, so there!
- Thayers Alcohol-free Rose Petal Witch Hazel – For starters, anything with roses in it makes me very happy! I’ve been hearing about witch hazel for years, but never got around to trying it. This stuff is famously credited with giving people amazing skin, and you can buy a giant bottle for cheap at Whole Foods. So far, I’m loving it.
- belif The True Cream Aqua Bomb – This has been my go-to moisturizer for the past month, and I am beyond satisfied with it. I know it will keep my skin hydrated and healthy for the various climates and long flights.
- Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick – I’ve raved about this foundation so many times already, but I am definitely not leaving the country without it.
- Revlon Photoready Concealer – I barely need any concealer after using my foundation, but lately I’ve been using this stuff if I need the extra oomph.
- Neutrogena Healthy Skin Blends in ‘Sunkissed’ – The best way to fake a good night’s sleep when your jetlag is out of control? A healthy glow.
- Neutrogena Healthy Skin Blends in ‘Clean’/Laura Mercier Invisible Pressed Setting Powder– These two are both powders, but very different. The Neutrogena is a lighter version of the bronzer that can be used to give the face a very subtle glow, and the Laura Mercier is my compact that I keep in my purse for touchups.
- Milani Baked Blush in ‘Berry Amore’/NARS The Multiple in ‘Orgasm’ – Milani is my current everyday blush, but for traveling, the Nars stick serves as blush, eyeshadow, highlighter, and even lip color, so I’m bringing both of them.
- Becca x Jaclyn Hill Shimmering Skin Perfector – I use this highlighter every day, and it is really useful for making people think your makeup is all done up when really all you have on is mascara and this stuff on your cheekbones.
- Dior Brow Styler Ultra-Fine Precision Brow Pencil in ‘Universal’ – I am not a heavy brow kind of person, but my baby blonde brows definitely need a little help in the form of this amazing pencil.
- Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara/L’Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara/Maybelline New York Lash Sensational Mascara – If I could only bring one makeup product with me anywhere, it would be mascara, so I’m allowing myself to bring three of them! As someone with blonde lashes, it literally transforms my face. Since I am very careful about taking care of my lashes, I don’t use waterproof mascara, but each of these mascaras is both long-wearing and relatively easy to remove.
- NARS Audacious Lipstick in ‘Anita’ – Every girl needs that one lipstick that they can wear every day. My mom will be trying to steal this one from me all vacation!
- NARS Audacious Lipstick – Every girl needs at least one kickass lipstick that they can slap on for a spontaneous night out. I’m going to spoil myself though, and bring all of my NARS lippies: Anita (rose), Rita (Red), Jane (terracotta brick), Vera (raspberry), and Liv (dark oxblood).
- Urban Decay Naked Palette – This velvet-covered, giant eyeshadow set isn’t exactly practical, but it fits easily into my makeup case and has every color I could possibly need.
So that’s my makeup bag. Honestly this is my staple stuff for my life at home, too. Basically I just took out a few extra lipsticks, but I try to use the least amount of products possible, especially when I’m traveling. I hope to not overexert my skin too much on this trip. Travel really wreaks havoc on your body, so be careful!