Those of you in the no-poo camp might want to skip today’s post: I’m talking about the best shampoos I use. I’m not someone who can skip shampooing; my hair gets a little oily after about 2-3 days, and I honestly love how soft and silky it feels when it dries after a good shampoo session.
So as usual, in no particular order, here are my favorite shampoos, which are all probably in my shower at the moment!
5. MoroccanOil’s original scent is probably my favorite smell in the world. It’s so luxurious, and I love that it comes from Israel, because it reminds me of home. Their products are all incredible, but I’m partial to the Moisture Repair shampoo.
4. Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Special Shampoo is a great deep-cleansing shampoo that I use about once a week. I know that the purifying properties of the tea tree are as good for the skin on my scalp as they are for my face.
3. Aveda Blue Malva is my go-to shampoo for preserving my color-treated strands. My stylist at Spoke & Weal told me to use it after my last appointment, so I got a jumbo pump bottle like the one he has at his shampoo station. It’s lasted me six months so far, and I love that it actually neutralizes the brass
2. I only recently discovered Schwarzkopf Gliss Hair Repair Ultra Moisture Shampoo after they were sold out of my usual mask, and I am so in love with it. It smells great and makes my hair incredibly soft. After a summer by the beach and at the pool, my hair finally feels healthy again.
1. This one is kind of random, but I love Neutrogena T-Gel Therapeutic Shampoo. It’s meant for people with scalp conditions like dandruff, and it’s made with coal tar – yes, that kind of tar – but it gives a really good deep clean and makes my hair extremely smooth. My dad uses it, so I grew up using it too. I still use it about once a week to really take care of my scalp.
Are you a shampoo or no-poo person? Send me your recommendations! Love, Me
One thought on “Five Favorites: Shampoo”
The Aveda shampoo is great. I use the black malva. The smell is amazing.