One of the best things about my job is how much freedom I have to experiment with my outfits. Not to say that I run wild, but I’m really happy to have a lax dress code and not to have to wear a uniform of any kind! As such, I usually keep my makeup pretty minimal and simple. I’ve been on a serious skincare kick in the past year, and I’m proud to be able to go mostly barefaced on a regular basis. Every so often, I’ll add a fun lip color, but I like to not have to maintain my look throughout the day.
These are actually outtakes from when we had new headshots taken for the company website. I figured I’d share them here along with my daily makeup essentials!
1. I like to start with the purest, freshest palette, so I usually cleanse with Tatcha Pure One Step Camellia Cleansing Oil and then exfoliate with Lancer The Method: Polish. If my face feels especially dirty, I add a third step, cleansing with Glossier Milky Jelly.
2. My current moisturizer is Dr. Jart+ Cicapair™ Tiger Grass Cream, which I mix with a drop of COVER FX Custom Enhancer Drops in ‘Moonlight’ for radiance. I give it a chance to sink in while I finalize my outfit.
3. I don’t wear foundation anymore; I like my skin to look like skin. I conceal “problem areas” with Glossier Perfecting Skin Tint and Youngblood Ultimate concealer. Can I just say that I hate the term “problem areas?” We’re all beautiful, but sometimes we just need a little help, and that is beyond acceptable!
4. I use Neutrogena Healthy Skin Blends Clean Translucent Oil-Control Powder all over my face, and contour my nose with tarte The Sculptor Contouring Face Slenderizer.
5. My new hero product is Benefit Cosmetics BROWVO! Conditioning Primer Nutrient Rich Eyebrow Primer, which is actually helping my teeny little blonde brows grow in! I also fill them in lightly with Dior Diorshow Brow Styler Ultra-Fine Precision Brow Pencil in ‘Universal Shade.’
6. A little tip for mascara: put it in your bra or waistband of your pants while doing the rest of your makeup. Your body heat will warm up the liquid inside the tube, making the mascara go on smoother. I love Benefit Roller Lash because it naturally lifts my lashes so I don’t have to use a lash curler. When I want extra volume and length, I add COVERGIRL Super Sizer by LashBlast Mascara on top.
7. If I’m not wearing lipstick, I use a little Dior Crème de Rose Smoothing Plumping Lip Balm, and its off to work I go!
Simplifying my makeup routine allows me more time to sleep, and I’ve become more confident in my own skin. Pretty good deal in my book! Love, Me
Shop the post:
Tatcha Pure One Step Camellia Cleansing Oil
Dr. Jart+ Cicapair™ Tiger Grass Cream
COVER FX Custom Enhancer Drops
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Blends Clean Translucent Oil-Control Powder
tarte The Sculptor Contouring Face Slenderizer
Benefit Cosmetics BROWVO! Conditioning Primer Nutrient Rich Eyebrow Primer
Dior Diorshow Brow Styler Ultra-Fine Precision Brow Pencil
Benefit Cosmetics Roller Lash Curling & Lifting Mascara
COVERGIRL Super Sizer by LashBlast Mascara