Today is the day! I leave for London this afternoon, and I know I’ve been slow to post these travel preps, but this week has been crazy. I’ve barely slept since the weekend, and I didn’t finish packing until late last night!
As I mentioned in my previous post, I bring my makeup and skincare in my carryon, so I wanted to do a mini-breakdown of what I’ll be using during the flight. And yes, there will also be a post devoted to vacation makeup. What can I say? I love my products. Anyway, I knew that this stuff would get kind of lost in the grand scheme of the carryon luggage post, so here’s what I use in-flight to stay b-e-a-utiful!
- Aveeno Ultra-Calming Wipes – Going on a plane is like diving headfirst into a bowl of germs. Before I go to sleep, I’ll use a wipe to clean my entire face and neck. These are really refreshing during a long flight.
- Dr. Jart+ Dermask Water Jet Vital Hydra Solution/When Travelmate Sheet Mask – I have no shame on planes. My skin is so fragile that I will do whatever I have to to keep it glowing and acne-free. That means no sleeping in my makeup and wearing one of these babies, even if it freaks everyone out!
- belif The True Cream Aqua Bomb – Korean beauty specializes in products that plump and hydrate your skin. This is my daily moisturizer, and I will be reapplying this constantly during the flight. Side note: always make sure your hands are super clean whenever you have to touch your face!
- Evian Mineral Water Spray – I love these mini bottles. Yes, they are literally water in a can, but it is so refreshing to spray this on my face when the air around me is literally sucking the life out of my skin.
- Aquaphor – I always have a jar of this by my bed at home and a tube of it in my purse. This stuff works for your body and face. I put this on my lips and around my eyes before I go to sleep so that the dry airplane air doesn’t irritate me.
They say that you are never too young to start taking care of your skin, and my skin has definitely reaped the benefits of my hyper-vigilance. So next time you fly, ditch the makeup and slap on the thick cream. You’ll get off the plane feeling a million times more alive!
*Follow me on Instagram @starrynight64 so we can travel together!