One of my New Year’s intentions (or resolutions/goals/call it what you want) was to be a better morning person. I love being awake early because of how many more hours in the day I have to accomplish my goals, especially in the winter, when it gets dark so early. But I’ve never been a “morning person;” my body is pretty sensitive, and if I don’t get enough sleep, having to wake up early makes me feel sick.
As I’ve gotten older, though, it’s actually gotten easier. Gone are the days when I’d easily sleep past noon. I have more of an internal clock now, so I naturally wake up between 7 and 8 AM! As such, I’m trying to make better use of my mornings.
- Check my phone. I’ve been keeping it on Airplane Mode overnight lately, and it has been helping me sleep better!
- If I’m not planning on eating breakfast, the first thing I do once I’ve checked my phone is to brush my teeth. I’ve been using Marvis’ Jasmin Mint toothpaste, and the only word I can think of to describe it is delightful.
- On mornings when I go to my Y7 yoga classes, I eat breakfast after so as to not provoke my sensitive stomach. I love starting my day with a yoga class!
- I get some of my best ideas in the shower, which is an actual scientifically-proven practice! Basically, your mind has moments of ‘sudden cognitive inspiration’ when it’s distracted, i.e., taking a break from staring at my screen to take a shower actually reinvigorates my overworked mind.
- Breakfast is typically a matcha latte and some oatmeal or an egg with sautéed veggies. I love to cook, usually while watching a TV show or listening to music.
- If i’m not teaching or working a shift at the yoga studio, I’m usually on here, creating content for Love & Water or Girl At The Game!