I’ve never been a big fan of needles. Up until a few years ago, I was still asking for numbing spray at the doctors if I had to get a shot. So *needless* to say, the idea of paying someone to inject any part of my face is out of the question; I draw the line at using my dermaroller, which has needles so small it barely feels like anything.
Lip injections have become so mainstream (we have Kylie Jenner to blame) that I decided to round up my favorite non-invasive alternatives for a plumper pout!
5. NYX’s Pump It Up gloss is affordable and probably waiting for you at your local drugstore. It also has the most varied shade offering of any product on this list.
4. I first read about DuWop Lip Venom in one of the Gossip Girl books, and was so excited to find out it was a real product, actually touted as the “original” noninvasive lip plumper. I felt so cool using this cinnamon-infused gloss in high school. Some products just carry fond memories. The fact that it actually works makes it even better.
3. I showed Soap And Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Pillow Plump XXL Lip Gloss to everyone when I discovered it, and everyone who tried mine loved it so much that I ended up having to buy another tube! It only comes in a few variations of pink, nude, and clear, but if you want a gloss that’s really going to tingle, this is the one for you.
2. At $33, Dior’s Dior Addict Lip Maximizer is the most expensive product on this list, but it’s also the plumper with the highest ratings of any on this list. Rank & Style puts it at #1 on their list of Best Lip Plumpers. It’d be #1 here too, if not for…
1. I’ve written an entire post about why I love Image Skincare’s Ormedic Balancing Lip Enhancement Complex, and I tell everyone about it. It’s the only plumping product on this list that’s plumping and hydrating. Plus, it smells like a piña colada.
None of these products will give you permanent or even semi-permanent results; they’re more in the vein of instant gratification. If you’re looking for something that will last a little longer, pick up a dermaroller and some hyaluronic acid serum. Otherwise, have fun getting glossy!