Since it’s Friday, here’s a moment of truth: I only started using eye cream religiously this year. My undereye area is sensitive, and many of the products I tried ended up irritating my skin rather than soothing it, which deterred me from incorporating an eye cream into my skincare routine. But being in my mid-twenties now, I’m even more vigilant about taking care of my skin, especially since I spend so much time in the sun. After sampling a lot of different brands, I’ve rounded up the eye creams that worked for me (as usual, in no particular order), all in the like to loooove range!
5. The most affordable and simplest option on this list is pure Vitamin E oil, which you can find at your local drugstore, Whole Foods, Trader Joe’s, or online. It works to block free radicals, which are a major reason why our skin ages. The nutrients and antioxidants will nourish your skin. You can use this anywhere on your body, but I like putting some under my eyes in the winter when my skin is particularly dry.
4. Burt’s Bees Intense Hydration Eye Cream is not only affordable ($18), it’s all-natural too! It’s made with Clary Sage, a Mediterranean herb that retains moisture.
3. Colbert MD Nourish Eye Cream doesn’t burn and goes on very smoothly. The skin around my eyes is always soft and hydrated in the morning.
2. My lash and brow guru, Robin Erb, has her own skincare line called Erb & Owens and the ‘Eye Crack’ is my favorite product. She mixes each batch herself, and it’s intensely hydrating.
1. Aside from Glossier, Kiehl’s is my favorite skincare line. The Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado tops this list for its gentleness and effectiveness. Avocado and its fatty acids are so good for you inside and out!
Do you have an eye cream in your skincare routine yet? Share your favorites with me!