I don’t usually do posts like this, and I definitely hadn’t done one for at least a year, so I thought I’d share a little bit about myself for all my new readers. I’d love for you to comment and tell me about you, too!
1. I’ve been a vegetarian (now borderline vegan) since I was about eight years old and had some bad beef stew. The story is pretty gross.
2. I was born with a full head of hair. To this day, I have a very thick, heavy head of hair. Blow-drying takes hours.
3. My little sister Emma is my best friend, and I’m extremely protective of her. She’s taller, though!
4. I love to cook and bake for my friends and family even more than I love to eat!
5. Rodents and reptiles really freak me out.
6. I’ve wanted a dog for my entire life. I’m hoping to finally get one soon!
7. I don’t have any tattoos, and I never will. Partially because it’s against Jewish Law, and also because I just don’t really like them.
8. Even though I don’t need my parents’ approval as an adult, I still want it. It’s something I struggle with all the time.
9. I’m really good with lyrics. Once I know the words to a song, I’ll remember it forever.
10. I know all of Hamilton by heart, even Lafayette’s rap in “Guns and Ships!”
11. I will reread Harry Potter repeatedly until the day I die. It is the most incredible series, and one of the best things in my life.
12. I wrote my college application essay about losing my faith in God after some of my beloved relatives passed away in a short period of time.
13. My father is a rabbi, and a lot of Jewish guys I meet are weirdly into the idea of dating a rabbi’s daughter. I personally don’t see the appeal!
14. Speaking of dating, I don’t use apps.
15. I love working out, but I’m terrible at sticking to a routine.
16. Kale is one of my favorite foods. I eat it almost every day. Seriously.
17. I hate my birthday, but I love celebrating the birthdays of my loved ones!
18. Wet Hot American Summer is one of my favorite movies. It’s dumb, yet weirdly brilliant, and I just love it.
19. I lived in Israel as a kid, and I miss it all the time.
20. I will go to New York just for a Heyday facial and good hummus. 12 Chairs Cafe is the only place outside of Israel with real hummus.
21. My stage fright has kept me from pursuing any kind of singing career. Or even singing in front of people. I wish I could overcome it.
22. I feel most at peace on the Cape at my family’s beach house.
23. My love for the Red Sox is major. I watch or listen to every game, tweet about them, read about them, and rock my Red Sox gear constantly. I also write about them from time to time. Fenway Park is one of my favorite places on the planet.
24. Teaching people about new beauty products and techniques is a serious passion of mine, in case you couldn’t tell from the rest of this blog! It makes me really happy to help and advise people. Email me or DM me on Instagram with any beauty-related questions or personalized recommendations!
25. I want to fall in love and go see the world with that person. One day…
One thought on “25 Things You Might Not Know About Me”
Great post! I love getting to know a bit about other bloggers 🙂