This post goes out to my fellow city girls! Growing up in Boston, Israel and New York, I’ve lived most of my life in big cities. And big cities mean big pollution, a fact I was reminded of when a couple of minor zits appeared on my face after just two hot summer days in New York this weekend.
Between sweat, sun, and the aforementioned pollution, our skin faces a lot of enemies every day. These factors contribute to various types of skin damage ranging from acne to aging. Even though each city is as different as our own individual skin, I’m sharing my summer skincare routine from sunrise to sunset!
Here’s how I take care of my skin every day:
To Protect in the Morning:
1. Cleanse with Glossier Milky Jelly, which is probably the product I recommend the most to everyone. It’s a gentle cleanser that my mom, sister, best friends, and I all love.
2. Mist with Kiehl’s Cactus Flower & Tibetan Ginseng Hydrating Mist. Cacti can absorb water and retain it for long periods of time; this spray will help your skin stay detoxified and hydrated.
3. Pat Glossier Super serums into my skin. I like to use all three every day, but you can choose the one that suits you best. I think everyone can benefit from the trifecta, though!
4. Hydrate with Neutrogena Hydro Boost, the most dermatologist-recommended moisturizer. It’s basically a fluffy hyaluronic acid cloud that will drench your skin in lightweight hydration.
5. Follow with Glossier Invisible Shield, the newest product from my favorite brand. It goes on sheer and protects from UVA, UVB and free radicals!
6. Put on makeup, or don’t. I’m ready to *face* the world!
To Cleanse in the Evening:
1. Remove makeup with Garnier Clean+ Purifying Oil-Free Cleansing Towelettes, which are made with charcoal for an added boost of skin detoxification.
2. Cleanse with Glossier Milky Jelly. Yes, I use the same cleanser morning and night. It’s that good.
3. Follow with Glossier Super Pure serum to fight congestion and breakouts. It’s made with zinc and niacinamide to reduce redness and improve your overall skin. It’s very gentle, but as the name suggests, super effective. My skin needs it after long, hot days.
4. Hydrate with Glossier Priming Moisturizer Rich, the most luxurious, skin-perfecting moisturizer I’ve ever used. It never fails to give me supple, glowing skin.
5. For additional internal detox, pop a couple charcoal capsules! Charcoal absorbs toxins in your body, helping your skin and digestion. You can find them at your local drugstore, Whole Foods, or Amazon.
6. Sweet dreams!
Have a great week (and great skin)! Love, Me
4 thoughts on “Skin & the City”
Glossier is a wonderful brand. I love their boybrow! xo
I’m in love with this post. I’ll definitely check out glossier because I’ve never used this product. I’m constantly on the hunt for new skincare since my sensitive skin has made me become a skincare freak!😍Im looking forward to following more! Check out my space too and let me have some feedback on some of my musings at: tonyetariah-fitnessandhealth.com 🌸👣
Tonye, Glossier is definitely the brand for you! Their face wash is the most gentle cleanser I’ve ever used! https://www.glossier.com/reps/gabriellestarr
Thanks for the link I’m definitely trying this one then!😉👍🌸