I am proud to say that while I am a mostly low-maintenance girl, I am a well-kept girl. To that end, I make sure that my hair always looks healthy, I endlessly battle for better skin, and my nails are always polished and never chipped. These little things help me feel put-together even on days when I’m running around like a crazy person.
I have loved nail polish since I was a little girl and I got my first manicure at my synagogue’s Purim Carnival. I had never felt more glamorous in my life. My mom never wears nail polish because she says that it makes her feel like her nails can’t breathe; I always wear it because I feel like my nails are naked and vulnerable without it! In the many years since that carnival manicure, I’ve gotten very good at doing nails, to the point of having all my friends coming to my house to raid my polish collection and have me paint their nails. So I thought I’d share some of my favorite shades with you…
- OPI Nail Lacquer in ‘The Thrill of Brazil’ – I’ve finally found my perfect red!
- OPI Nail Laquer in ‘Alpine Snow’ – The perfect bright white to show off your tan.
- OPI Nail Lacquer in ‘Sweet Heart’ – A romantic pink that isn’t too sheer or opaque.
- OPI Nail Lacquer in ‘Lincoln Park After Dark’ – The cult classic almost-black shade,
- OPI Nail Laquer in ‘Tiramisu for Two’ – A great neutral shade.
- Sally Hansen Triple Shine Nail Polish in ‘Make Waves’ – My favorite fun shade for summer. I am obsessed with this shimmery, Little Mermaid’s tail-esque color.
- tenoverten Nail Polish in ‘Grand’ – A gorgeous metallic that isn’t too glitzy.
- essie Gel Setter – The ultimate topcoat. I also like Sally Hansen’s version.
Right now I’m wearing the gorgeous Thrill of Brazil red, and my nails, freshly manicured, feel so festive and classic. What are some of your favorite shades and brands?