I never feel more confident than when I am rocking red lipstick. Red anything, really. All of my girlfriends tell me that with my long blonde hair, I can pull off a red lip like Marilyn Monroe. The highest compliment! Anyway, today I got my hair done, which always makes me feel good, and I decided that a little lipstick would be a great complement to a fresh ‘do.
This brings me to a new segment I’m calling “Feeling My Look!” Any woman who feels good about how she looks (and every woman should!) should share it with the world. So I thought I’d share a few pics and share with you great makeup that helped me feel like a movie star all day.
- Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick in ‘Warm Beige’ and ‘Cool Beige’ – This is my go-to foundation. I’m currently using a both shades while my summer tan fades. The best thing about this foundation line is that it has a million shades, so you’re bound to find your match. This stuff goes on flawlessly and stays flawless.
- Neutrogena Healthy Skin Blends in ‘Clean’ – I use this shade and the bronzer version for flawless skin. It never looks cakey or muddy, and it doesn’t hurt that Rank & Style named it their #1.
- Milani Baked Powder Blush in ‘Berry Amore’ – In the summer I usually go for a peachy blush like Nars Orgasm or just my highlighter over bronzed skin, but this blush is the perfect plum shade for fall. It also smells really yummy for some reason!
- Becca x Jaclyn Hill Shimmering Skin Perfector in ‘Champagne Pop’ – I’ve sang the praises of this highlighter before, and I still use it every day.
- Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara – This mascara gives me big, fluffy, Audrey-Hepburn-in-Breakfast-At-Tiffany’s lashes. I don’t like to do accent eye with lipstick for daytime, so no eyeliner or eyeshadow, just this stuff for big doe eyes.
- Laura Mercier Invisible Pressed Setting Powder – The only powder that keeps my makeup all day and photo-friendly. I take this compact everywhere.
- L’Oreal Paris Le Matte Lip Pen in ‘Mad for Matte’ – The pièce de résistance! I can’t remember who recommended this stick to me, but I owe them big time. I have perpetually dry lips, so I always have to slough off my lipstick midday and reapply or risk flaky grossness. But this guy stayed on all day, through two coffees, lunch and dinner, and endless compliments from friends and my hair stylist.
There are no rules with makeup. Use it to enhance, to cover, or to change; your face is a canvas, and you are the artist! Be creative and be you. We are all beautiful.