These are the facts: we need to protect our skin, and sun is one of its biggest enemies. But summer rolls around, and the beach beckons, and suddenly we’re all feeling a bit prettier with some color in our cheeks. Sometimes we love the things that are worst for us, just like Harley Quinn loved The Joker.
It doesn’t help our case that for the most part, face sunscreens suck. They’re expensive, gooey, thick, smelly, pore-clogging, acne-inducing, white face-makers. Not much of an incentive to protect our skin. But in the past few years, the sunscreen market has exploded with new products, and some of them are actually pretty great. Some of them even work to make your skin better while they’re protecting it!
So just in time for summer, here are my five favorite sunscreens that won’t turn you into a pimply ghost!
1. I love everything Glossier makes, and Invisible Shield Sun Protection SPF 35 is no exception; it’s one of my favorite products. Unlike most sunscreens, it is neither white nor tinted, but completely sheer.
2. Tatcha Silken Pore Perfecting Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 35 PA+++ is the only white sunscreen on this list, so I like to mix it with something tinted. Its skin-perfecting properties more than make up for its shade.
3. I mix IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better™ CC+™ Cream with SPF 50+ in with any moisturizer I use that doesn’t have SPF. It’s great for minimizing redness, covering blemishes, and my gaping pores.
4. bareMinerals COMPLEXION RESCUE™ Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream has been a staple of my skincare routine for almost two years. It’s a BB, CC, and tinted moisturizer all rolled into one. It’s also hypoallergenic, noncomedogenic, oil-free, and fragrance-free, for the most sensitive of faces.
5. I haven’t tried Drunk Elephant’s new Umbra Tinte yet, but it already has rave reviews, and I’ll let you know what I think of it!
Have a great weekend! Love, Me